View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2011, 06:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
itsallgood

Device(s): Samsung GS 4, Motorola Backflip; Motorola Atrix 4G and Lapdock
Carrier: AT&T

I've had my Atrix since April. I put off doing the upgrade, because of the problems some reported. (I didn't want to do a factory reset after upgrading.) Back in Sep., I saved the upgrade to my SD card to upgrade later. (Thinking I wouldn't do it next year and didn't want to miss out.) Well, I was kinda forced to upgrade a few days ago. (I accidentally hit the down load button when the reminder popped up.) Well, I must say, I really like Gingerbread. Its like I have a whole new phone and I didn't have to do a factory reset. I have not had any problems losing contacts or apps. Bluetooth and wifi works. Finger print scanner works and battery life seems a bit longer. Proximity sensor works fine and the phone is much faster, even with using ADW Launcher. (Down load speeds are over 5 mps down and over 1 mps up.) I noticed that it manages the running apps better too. Before, I would have around 200 MB of RAM. Now its around 300 MB of RAM. The only issues I have seen, is the battery percentage jumping every now and then. (I’m doing a complete drain and power off full charge to correct this.) The audio, when streaming Pandora, sometimes gets choppy when I am scrolling in another app when just waking up the phone.

I will report back after a week of using it. I still have to try it in the lapdock.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itsallgood For This Useful Post:
cajun86 (November 30th, 2011), WolfmanRobby (November 30th, 2011)