View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2011, 11:59 AM   #55 (permalink)
TheRetroKid

Device(s): Le Pan TC970
Carrier: Not Provided

hello andriod forums!

i just recently purchased a le pan (three actually, one for my parents, one for my sister and one for me) and so far, i am very pleased with it. i did a lot of research prior to buying, and in the end, the functions, options and price made the le pan a no-brainer.

it plays netflix, it runs flash and you can watch internet streams. it pretty much does everything i'll ever need when i'm too lazy to power up my laptop, but the one thing that does leave me a little disappointed is the lack of a functional app that let's you utilize the web cam. i mean, what's the point of having a web cam when froyo isn't compatible with all the major web chat programs?

i contacted le pan customer service for help, and they were fantastic. they were quick with a response and very polite. they suggested a firmware update, and supplied me with a download link. the problem is, i can't seem to transfer the files from my card and upload it onto my le pan. is anyone else having a problem updating the firmware? if you have done it successfully, could you please help a noob out and walk me through the process? to get an idea of what i'm doing, here's my process, step by step:

-i downloaded the file
-i extracted it directly to the card, basically creating a new file for it

should i have extracted it to my laptop first?
should i have placed it in a specific file on my sdcard?
where is the "root" file?

thank you for any help that any of you can provide.