View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2010, 02:49 AM   #49 (permalink)
Nashdroid

Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible (retired), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (returned), Motorola Droid Razr Maxx (current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 1,494 Times in 318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrethgir View Post
I like laughing at idiots, and I found him entertaining. You can think I'm him all you want, it really doesn't bother me. And I brought up the "not a trouble maker" in my introduction thread because, well, I was introducing myself and just wanted to say I know how to behave myself. Not trying to rub any raw wounds. If you want the mods to check me out, or they want to, feel free, I have nothing to hide. I don't work in the industry (I work at Intel in Oregon), and I'm here to learn about the new Android OS phones that are coming up, I have no "contacts", and won't be coming in here with insider info.

Anyways, back to the original topic.... It's true, they haven't said we won't get the Desire in the States, and my thought that it might have something to do with a deal with Google wasn't meant to say that we WON'T get it here, but if we do get it, it will probably be later. It's not unheard of for companies to do this kind of things. And since Google had HTC build the N1, I can see them not wanting HTC to make their own phone that would be a direct competitor. All I can say is I'm glad my iPhone contract doesn't run out until Summer 2011, that should be enough time for Android phones to get a solid foothold and work out a lot of this stuff. Of course, there is always something new coming up around the corner, but there will be a much bigger selection of knowns by then!
I want to TOTALLY apologize to you. I jumped the gun and made an assumption and that was wrong of me. I just want to make it public that I was wrong and I'm sorry I was skeptical of you. I hope you can accept my sincerest apology. Welcome to the forums.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nashdroid For This Useful Post:
Hrethgir (February 21st, 2010)