View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2011, 12:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
scary alien
not really so scary
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): LG Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Asus Nexus 7, Moto Droid X, HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 14,468 Times in 7,072 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguissimo View Post
Thanks for the great guide, mate! Just one question—is it possible to relock the bootloader and leave no trace of it having ever been unlocked? I know that unlocking the Nexus One left a permanent mark, but I've read that the NS could be relocked...do you know which is true of the GN?
I did not know that about the Nexus One leaving an unlocking trace...interesting--and I haven't heard anything about this for the GNex, but I'm not sure it matters...the device is being released with the ability for it to be unlocked (and re-locked), so I would think that there wouldn't be any worries involved (unless you tried to make a warranty claim / return with a phone that was clearly still unlocked).

Oh, I'm sure its just a "fastboot oem lock" counterpart to the unlock command to re-lock it (preceded by flashing/restoring the stock image of course).

There's info / threads on XDA and elsewhere about this already for the GSM (maguro) stock boot image, but I don't think we have the VZW stock image yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to scary alien For This Useful Post:
Travillion (December 6th, 2011)