View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2011, 09:42 PM   #21 (permalink)
scary alien
not really so scary
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): LG Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Asus Nexus 7, Moto Droid X, HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 14,901 Times in 7,292 Posts

teddyearp,

Hey, great feedback--I appreciate it a lot and appreciate the careful reading.

I fixed the mis-spelling of the Superuser.apk that you pointed-out (thanks!).

I can't (am not allowed) to fix other folk's posts without their permission, so hopefully, Gyannea will see this and make the edits that you mentioned.

Yes, I agree with you that pushing a busybox at the same time as root would be good. I'll find a good, public download link and publish that in the above (hopefully tomorrow)--if you've got one handy, let me know .

Re. the fastboot-windows.exe thing, I've had a fastboot.exe hanging-around my desktop and laptop for quite a while and have only recently been seeing references to both versions. Many are making references like "use fastboot (or fastboot-windows.exe as appropriate)", so I'll edit my stuff above to reference things the same way.

I've also got something cooking to make installing / using fastboot and adb a little easier...should have something additional to update the first posts by tomorrow.

Also, as you might have noticed, I'm gathering notes for publishing information about installing and using custom recovery in the second post.

Its a work in-progress (both post one and two) and I very much appreciate your attention to this detail and your feedback! Thank you!

Cheers!
Last edited by scary alien; December 2nd, 2011 at 09:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to scary alien For This Useful Post:
GalaxyNexus (December 19th, 2011)