View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2011, 08:15 PM   #31 (permalink)
scary alien
not really so scary
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): LG Nexus 5, Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Moto Droid X, HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 15,284 Times in 7,532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Markley View Post
Thank you, that does help. The only reason I asked is because in the dev's market description he says

"Note: App and binary will have different versions. The app is updated more often than the binary is.
This app cannot be uninstalled if it was installed with your ROM or root. If there is no uninstall option, it's because you placed it in /system/app, not me."
implying, it seems, that there might be some reason to want to uninstall it, though I cannot think why.
Yeah, I've read this on ChainsDD's Market app description (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.noshufou.android.su) and just now on his web page (Superuser).

I'm still a little fuzzy on how exactly this would work separately like you originally asked. That's a great question and I'll continue to think about it (and maybe try it when I get my GNex (hopefully this coming Thursday )).

I've seen some folks that wanted to be able to remove the Superuser app (which would show up in the app drawer) before turning their device in to make a warranty claim.

There are various ways to do this (i.e., removing the files we referenced above from an "adb shell" or on-phone terminal emulator session), so if you are savvy-enough (which you very much seem to be ), uninstalling these root components should be no problem.

I hope that helps.

Cheers!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scary alien For This Useful Post:
GalaxyNexus (December 19th, 2011), John Markley (December 4th, 2011)