View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2011, 06:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
parkerskouson
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Evo 4g(Mine)Miui, HTC Evo 3D(Dads)Miui, Nexus S(Sis.)CM7
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by budmonster View Post
I have a few questions...

You don't have to be rooted to install apps right? All I do is check mark authroize apps in settings and then just put the apk on my kindle and install? Or do I have to email it to my kindle email? Do all apps from android market work?

If you don't need root access for 3rd party apps why cant google apps be installed? I guess I'm confused on why anyone should root a kindle right now? Since its so new? What are the advantages of a rooted kindle?

Last question, is there any way to save that Amazon prime thing if you do root? I have that fee month trial right now.

Thx guys.
nope. no root needed, and yes, just put in on ur kindle or just download it directly from you kindle. if you can find the app it will almost always work

You need to root because you have to access the very root of the decive to copy the core android files. the other advantages of rooting are that eventually you will be able to install roms, which are 3rd party versions of android which are very cusomizable.

not that i know of. just root after you have use up that free month.. sorry but just use netflix. only 8$ a month and a lot better shows

Look what the United States of America is Coming to......