View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2011, 11:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
sathyashrayan

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Dear developers,
Due to the cultural difference I need to put extra effort in understanding the concept of volunteer fire fighters. Whenever a 911 - 112 buzzes it transfers the information to volunteer fire department either through pager, radio.. When the volunteer fire department's head receives a information from 911 / 112 he will take his android phone, click open our app, input the accident place details and clicks a button. Immediately that will indicate(auto sending message) the list of members. When the members receives the alert he will click open our app and see the accident location, his own location(current) , distance between his location and the accident zone, time to reach the venue of accident, what is the shortest rout(algorithm) in reaching the accident venue.

Please clarify my doubt. How will the information received through 911 / 112? Will they supply geo codes(lat /lan) to the volunteer fire department?

I went through the following resources..

Pro android 3 (Apress book)
Samples from android (Sample Code)

I think we need to have following topics covered..

telephoneAPI (send / receive sms)
Location and Maps
AlarmManager (scheduling)
UI/Layouts (User Interface)
database (sqlite)

There could be an next stage in developing the app where an resident could take videos when his home is under fire and send it to the volunteer fire fighters along with 911 / 112..