Thread: General HTC Flyer VS Kindle Fire
View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
rushmore

Device(s): S4, iPad Air, Note 2014 10.1, Dell V11 5130, Nvidia Shield. Yes- too many devices.
Carrier: VZW

Thanked 1,381 Times in 970 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbigg9969 View Post
I got a Fire initially since I'm an Amazon Prime member, and pretty much buy everything from them. I've now ordered a Flyer and am returning the Fire. It's a nice product, but the hardware is very limited (slow processor, no front facing camera for video chat, no bluetooth, the touchscreen is overly INsensitive (i.e. you sometimes need to tap 3-4 times for it to register, very annoying)). Also, the Amazon software on the fire is pretty, but very restrictive. The only unique software it has is the Video On Demand player. The idea of streaming a movie over Wifi while on the go is a bit weak, since you'd have to buy wifi everywhere (airports, planes, etc). It might make sense at home, but you can't hook up the Fire to a TV like you can the Flyer. And the major flaw, the idea that you can be reliant on your copious Cloud Drive space for storage when you only have Wifi, and so are disconnected quite a bit while on the go, is a killer.

Bottom line, the Kindle Fire is first and foremost a KINDLE, not a full service tablet. It's good as a Kindle, but don't buy it if you want something else.

Amazon Prime streaming video service works great on the Flyer with Dolphin browser