Thread: General US Galaxy Nexus
View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2011, 04:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
mraza
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via AIM to mraza
Default US Galaxy Nexus

Hi all, I had a few questions before making the switch from an iPhone 4 to the Galaxy Nexus (which has been a fail thus far regarding a solid release).

I have been using the iPhone for the past 3 years and started to gain interest in Androids recently after fiddling with my brothers phone for some time.

I am currently on AT&T (and plan on staying with it) and don't mind waiting for the phone to be released in the US, but once released here in the US, will all the phones be branded with Verizon (even phones sold from other retailers such as Costco and Best Buy)? I was thinking of ordering from a few of the sites others have used but I would like the phone to be supported here from whomever I buy it (with warranty and so on just to make my life easier). If the Galaxy Nexus release here in the states will it only include the Verizon version for the time being? If so, I don't see what the point is of waiting and just buy it from negrielectronics or somewhere along those lines.

I was also wondering if you can buy the phone directly from Google with no carrier brands on it.

Thanks!