View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2011, 10:27 PM   #80087 (permalink)
BLD

Device(s): Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Here's a new and crazy story for you. I call up to try and get the $100 promo and strike out. CSR was really nice about it and tried her best to see if any of what she found applied to me. Next I try to see if she can at least move my NE2 up from the 27th. Nada. Can't even get that moved up a lousy 2 weeks.

So they while I'm talking to her I mention that I get no service while I'm at work. We go through all the usual stuff with her looking up trouble reports and tower locations for my work location and she find nothing. At this point she transfers me to tech support and she goes through a couple questions with me about resetting the phone and if I have trouble anywhere else. I tell her that it just at work and that everyone else there with Verizon has no signal either. This is where it gets interesting.

She offers to send me a refurb replacement or do an early upgrade with her on the spot. I tell her I'm waiting for the the Galaxy Nexus and I don't want to upgrade until it is released. This is where she proceeds to tell me that Sprint is getting it first and she doesn't know when Verizon is getting it. Those were her exact words. At this point I'm like what? Then she proceeds to try again to push me to do an upgrade. I politely told her that I'm hearing that Verizon is getting it first and very soon and that I'm not interested in upgrading to anything but the Nexus and this is where the call ended.

Realizing how little Verizon lets its employees know but this is a 2nd tier tech support person telling me Sprint is getting it first. How crazy is that?