View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2011, 12:24 PM   #81 (permalink)
NotSoTechy

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by exscentric View Post
Yes, the kindle does kindle and pdf while nook does epub etc. You can get along with one app if you use Calibre a library/converter program. You can take one format and convert it to another format though there are limitations on purchased books that are protected.

The Le Pan II (I've read online) is due out in Feb. but nobody seems to know for sure. It has a slightly faster processor and newer android system.
Thanks again! I ended up buying the Le Pan of Amazon.ca, and am hoping it will get here before Christmas. I did some research on the ereaders, and I think I'll give the Alkido one a try -- it looks like it will do most of the stuff I'm looking for. There was one called Stanza that looked really good, but is apparently not being updated or supported anymore, so I'm thinking it's probably not the best choice.

Interesting about the Le Pan II -- Amazon currently has it listed as currently out of stock. Unless I'm looking at an older version than the one I ended up buying...

In any case -- I'm really excited and can't wait for this thing to get here, even if it is not for me! (At least I will get to play with it while I get it set up!)