View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2011, 02:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
nj02vette

Device(s): Verizon LG G2, Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Transformer Infinity, Transformer Prime, Too many things
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishjoeyo View Post
Actually, you're wrong. You're comparing a non-SLR camera to an SLR camera, which is apples to oranges. We're talking phone cameras, here, so make sure you're on the same page before you make egregious mistakes in your criticisms.

Low-light and shutter lag do not affect image resolution and image resolution is the single most important aspect of image quality. While both of those features do matter, they do not affect image resolution, and that is my point.

If low-light capabilities and shutter lag are more important to you than resolution, then that is your choice. I didn't say and I'm not saying that megapixels should be YOUR most important feature.
Even in the point and shoot world, there are good cameras with XMP resolution, and there are bad cameras with the same resolution. Just because you didn't like the comparison didn't mean it wasn't still valid.

Resolution isn't everything when the data collected by all those extra pixels might be garbage. And I see you entirely ignored the comment about the iPhone4's 5MP camera.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nj02vette For This Useful Post:
R=G (December 15th, 2011), speede541 (December 15th, 2011)