I've created an app that allows you to use your Android device as a remote control for Google TV. It is called "Able Remote" and has several features in addition to the ones provided by the Google TV Remote app:
- Touch navigation and touch play controls
- Beam the photos and videos on your Android device to Google TV
- Share web pages with the TV
- Launch popular apps
- View SMS and Caller ID notifications on your TV
- Voice commands to change channels, launch apps and do searches
- Single button power on/off all devices
There are two versions of the app; you need to install both to get all of the features. Start by installing the app on your mobile device.
Install this version of the app on your Android device from the Android Market (named "Able Remote"): https://market.android.com/details?id=com.entertailion.android.remote
Install this version of the app on your Google TV (named "Able Remote for Google TV"): https://market.android.com/details?id=com.entertailion.android.tvremote
The web site for the app is http://ableremote.com
Please provide any feedback or suggestions.