View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #38 (permalink)
brickberry

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by speede541 View Post
Are those the only two photos you took? I'd play around with that Nexus. I suspect it's set for center-weighted exposure and adjusted for the black display stand smack in the center of your photo. That's not to dismiss the camera -- for Point & Shoot functionality in a camera like this, it should be using an area exposure which would have noticed the blown highlights everywhere else in the shot, and adjusted accordingly. This can be corrected in software, thankfully, but as user a center weighted exposure means you need to lock on an area of "average" lighting, which, unfortunately, does not play well with an autofocus setup (unless it's fixed focus?). I dunno, just throwing that out there -- pretty hard to say anything definitive based on just one shot in that particular environment.
Agreed. Would be nice to be able to do a comparison for those that DO value the camera in their smartphones, possibly in the same way that dpreview does for other cameras, with some objectivity. Unfortunately I couldn't, and I was only just beginning to look into it. You are right, I should take more pictures with both and see, but I guess it will still end up attached to a wall, dang it.
The Following User Says Thank You to brickberry For This Useful Post:
speede541 (December 16th, 2011)