Originally Posted by DexTyler
Yes. But I'd say it's just a temporary problem for now since the unofficial ROMS had no issue using Face Unlock.
EDIT: So apparently I have the i9023, which I guess means I can update. But a few questions:
1. If I manual update, will it effect future OTA updates? (make them not work etc.)
2. I'm with Vodafone Australia, does that make a difference?
3. Is there a brick risk?
1. No, it should not affect your ability to receive OTA updates in the future. This is a stock (official) update, it will continue to receive OTA updates.
2. Carrier should not make a difference.
3. If you're coming from stock 2.3.6 and you aren't rooted, there is very little risk in bricking. I can't say there's zero risk, because there's always that slight chance a meteor may fall from the sky and knock the phone out of your hand while you're updating (akin to getting a corrupt download that still passes the checksum).