View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2011, 09:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
nj02vette
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Verizon LG G2, Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Transformer Infinity, Transformer Prime, Too many things
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,340 Posts
Default Known issues with the Galaxy Nexus

This thread is for known hardware/software issues with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. If you discover an issue, either post in this thread or PM me or mods. I'll keep this original post updated with the most pertanent info.

Note: I'd like to keep battery life and signal strength discussions out for now. There are plenty of other threads for those and those are common complaints for almost all phones. However, we can approach those subjects if software/firmware updates seem to affect them.

Please see this excellent writeup on the Galaxy Nexus 4G signal.

AnandTech - Investigating the Galaxy Nexus LTE Signal Issue

It may not explain everything, and certainly there are members who are having problems, but it does help explain why the GNex shows lower signal readings compared to other phones, and also disspells the myth that the GNex has the exact same radios as the Charge. The 4G radio is an evolution different.

Issue 1: File transfers unreliable

Issue 2: WiFi bootlooping

Issue 3: Artifacts while playing videos in low light

Issue 4: Extra audio clicking sounds

Issue 5: Power button problem after rooting

Issue 6: Keyboard lag

Issue 7: Bluetooth controls only work with Google music

Issue 8: Slow transfer speeds connecting with computer

Issue 9: Voice to text feature inconsistant

Last edited by nj02vette; December 20th, 2011 at 01:42 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nj02vette For This Useful Post:
3vil (December 20th, 2011), AARONONE (July 1st, 2012), cgcurse (February 23rd, 2012), GalaxyNexus (December 18th, 2011), matt999000 (December 17th, 2011), NeutralNovice (December 18th, 2011), NextNexus (December 20th, 2011), NexusTootsie (January 5th, 2012)