View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2011, 12:46 PM   #28 (permalink)
jkc120
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): VZW S4 AOKP mr1 Milestone 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 1,316 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Reznor View Post
I think your missing my point... Did you always watch videos on your Dinc at max brightness??

Not asking you to compromise.. just throwing out a potential cause If your unhappy return the Nex there are plenty of other good phones available

Could also be a defective unit... maybe try exchanging before returning? Hope it works out... no matter which route you go
I stand totally corrected. It may not be a software issue, but software CAN fix it (or work around it). I found an app called screen adjuster. I set it to various brightness levels (which overrides the auto-brightness in the video) and the blue stuff is there regardless of brightness.

However, bumping up the contrast DOES make the blue blocky stuff go away! YES! The blacks aren't quite as black when I do this, but I am totally ok with that. I'd rather that then the nasty blue aliasing that is apparent with normal contrast.

Ahh, this makes me happy. I'll tweak the contrast and post the optimal setting (lowest contrast setting that makes the blue stuff go away) as soon as I find it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jkc120 For This Useful Post:
rexdog1888 (December 18th, 2011), Trent Reznor (December 17th, 2011)