View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2011, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
madcOw84
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Clockwork mod reboot into recovery factory resets phone

Hi

I've got an LG Optimus One which came with Android 2.2. I've upgraded it with LG PC Suite automatically to Gingerbread 2.3.3.

I recently successfully rooted the phone using ADB and Superone click, and can more or less confirm that my phone is rooted.

My only problem (so far) is this. When I install Rom Manager, I am able to successfully flash my ROM to ClockworkMod 5.0.2.0. However, when I select "Reboot into Recovery" in Rom Manager, or try to "Backup Current ROM", the screen displays the droid with a progress bar temorarily (without any other writing nor progress in the bar), then hard resets itself. It apprears that the phone factory resets itself, and I lose all my apps/data. The weird thing (maybe I don't fully understand rooting) is that the phone remains rooted, remains in Gingerbread (as opposed to 2.2 which it initially came in) and SuperUser is still installed, but that's it.

I reinstall Clockwork Mod and the same thing happens when I flash the ROM and attempt to backup or reboot into recovery.
I've tried a few times now.

Any ideas?

Also, how do I attempt to enter clockwork mod's recovery when my phone is off? I'm scared I'd do another hard reset (Which I think happened before)

Thanks peeps!