View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2011, 07:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
scary alien
not really so scary

Device(s): LG Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Asus Nexus 7, Moto Droid X, HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 14,091 Times in 6,883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Hey guys, nice find. But I have asked this all over the place and I think it is a very relevant question, especially if one uses this method to return the phone; so I ask it here as well.

P3Droid says that when you boot into bootloader/fastboot mode there is a counter visible on the screen showing how many times the bootloader has been unlocked/locked. Has anyone seen this? And if so, when you go through this method, does the counter in fact reset?

I hope someone takes a look at this as I feel it's an important thing to take note of in this endeavor.
teddyearp,

I just rebooted back in to bootloader (fastboot) mode and do not see any such counter...

Perhaps that was only on P3droid's development device (presuming that's what he has)?

My fastboot screen looks nearly identical to this (this is not my screenshot, by the way):

except that mine says "VARIANT - toro" and different serial numbers, etc. -- but no unlock counter (I actually think I remember reading / hearing about this a long while back, too).

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to scary alien For This Useful Post:
teddyearp (December 18th, 2011)