View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2011, 05:29 AM   #38 (permalink)
registermemak

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Series of issues

OK, so I got the update yesterday and am not much impressed.

Issues:
1) something is seriously wrong with my wifi, which is unbelievably intermittent with the speed test app never successfully completing a test. My girlfriends nexus s, still on gingerbread, has no issues. Android with a buggy connection is horrible. Will test a few more networks to see if the problem occurs everywhere.
2) I have the issue with peoples names not being displayed, does not happen with everyone but quite a few.

Other things I am not liking:
1) physics engine / touch input doesn't seem quite right, I used to be able to flick through pages and lists with ease but now I can't move through so easily. It's like they have put treacle down so it slows down faster.
2) far too much screen real estate is being used by the updated gmail app. The soft buttons are permanently present and the top bar is bigger than before. This means you cannot see so many messages. The old behaviour where options only appeared once a message was selected was much better.
3) it's fugly. The rich black menus were much nicer than the funny grey shadewand I don't like the oversized headers in loads of the default apps. Things look cheaper and less sophisticated like a toy!

Don't get me wrong, there are lots of things to like - the notifications, reordered menus and task switcher are to name a few - but I feel like they didn't think things through with older phones with physical dedicated keys and smaller screen sizes.

Anyone else have these problems?