View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2011, 01:17 AM   #44 (permalink)
jkc120
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): VZW S4 AOKP mr1 Milestone 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 1,316 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skryre View Post
What video are you watching? I rarely ever watch videos on my phone but I'm just curious if it's something i'll notice when I do. (So what i'm saying is I want to watch the same video and see if I notice anything, i'm betting I won't)

~Skryre
Basically, anything that's set in a dark environment will show the problem (at least EVERY video I've watched has). Here's a sample video from the thread I mentioned which you can view for yourself. Again, watch in a dark/low-light room. I've observed the artifacts/issues with both full brightness as well as with the 2nd level brightness from the power app:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28717002/test.m4v

Like I said, I really want to be proven wrong, but EVERY video with dark parts I've view has this issue, and I'm just not going to sacrifice the ability to watch a movie/video/tv show without the crappy artifacts and banding/etc. But hey, for folks who don't watch much video on their phone, it's probably a non-issue. I happen to watch a lot of things in bed in a low-light situation and any dark video exhibits these problems.