View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2011, 10:35 AM   #47 (permalink)
scary alien
not really so scary

Device(s): LG Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Asus Nexus 7, Moto Droid X, HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 14,087 Times in 6,880 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahha View Post
Bjanow they should be correct. Be aware that there is a possibility unrooting will not remove all traces of root.
I think we're good now re. this...

I flashed back to stock about 8 times this weekend... For the first 7 times, I kept re-signing back-in during the activation / setup part and saw that my apps had mysteriously reappeared. I was also re-applying the root package via ClockworkMod at times, so I was putting those pieces back manually (and, of course, you can't examine the /data/app directory to see what's there without being rooted--a small catch-22).

I believe this occurred because Android was auto-downloading my apps.

On the last time I flashed back to stock, I skipped the sign-in part and there were no sign of my old apps.

I would just re-lock and unlock the bootloader, flash back to stock (skip the sign-in part of the activation / setup), and finally, re-lock the bootloader one last time before returning.

I also think you can skip re-flashing the radio and bootloader if you haven't changed them...

Cheers!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scary alien For This Useful Post:
bjanow (December 19th, 2011), woodstorm (December 20th, 2011), Yeahha (December 19th, 2011)