View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2011, 10:52 AM   #71 (permalink)
PvtJoker

Device(s): Nexus S (4.0.4)
Carrier: Not Provided

Default A "new" major ICS update issue - cannot make outgoing calls

Hi,

Compared to wifi and UI issues after the ICS upgrade this might be an even bigger issue - after the upgrade, I for most of the time cannot make any outgoing call - it says "call ended" instantaneously after pushing the call button. The other times - after uninstalling GO Contacts dialer, making a number of reboots, killing apps via TaskKiller - I sometimes get lucky to make a call, but it almost always end abruptly after some 10 seconds and says my SIM card needs to be replaced to connect to the GSM network and offers to reboot. After rebooting it sometimes allows to make a call, and sometimes does not, but generally problem persists.

Additionally (perhaps related to this issue) I noticed that I cannot APN/Data on (widget does not work, I turn it on in settings, but - no effect), and the battery seems to drain a bit faster (I suspect that could be because of antenna/GSM connection issue).

I do not know how widespread this issue is, but it seems to be happening at least for some unhappy Nexus S owners, I started a thread on Google Mobile help forums and a few persons confirmed the issue.

I am a bit confused where I could/should report the issue to the ICS developers - I have registered the phone to wherever possible when I got it, but I had never to report a major bug (apart from Google Mobile forums) so maybe someone more experienced would advise if and where I could report this issue.

Nexus S / ICS 4.0.3 / Network - Tele2 Lithuania