Thread: General Best GPS Program?
View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2011, 05:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Stevewlf

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I just got my Lenovo IdeaPad A1-07 with the intention of using it to replace my (near dead) Magellan Roadmate GPS unit, for my car and boat. For this purpose I was attracted to the offline GPS feature and I am very pleased with the GPS as I run performance test on it.
However, I am very confused and disappointed in the NavDroid that came installed. Same with the Navigation and Maps (not sure where they came from).
I had to add a micro SD card external storage for the map files and am presently limited to one state at a time. Not good for a cross country or interstate travel.
I had really hoped for something like the Google map where the direct route can be altered by dragging the course with the cursor or finger tip and Google Map does the recalculating, etc.. None of the installed programs come even close to this degree of ease. At least I'd like a program as good as the Magellan or Garmin units have.

Before my dedicated GPS dash mounted system, I used Delorme Street Atlas on a laptop and the worked well but required a shade over the screen and the constant need to keep it on charge while travelling.

I might look at CoPilot and see if it comes a bit closer to my expectations.

Steve