Thread: Support Stuck in boot loop
View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2011, 05:12 PM   #50 (permalink)
ymDroid

Device(s): VZW Galaxy S4 (current) VZW Galaxy Nexus (retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Possible fix....

I walk in to a Verizon store, and get with the tech and flip on the wifi, and all the techs gather in amazement because they've never seen a Galaxy boot loop.

So the tech thought it is being caused by the hardware. The demo in the store dis not boot loop when we turned on the wifi.

I factory reset the store demo, and turned the wifi on, and surely, it did not reboot.

The tech pulled out a phone form the brand new batch that came in today, and replaced my phone for the 3rd time. We reinstalled everything from my Google account, and turn on the wifi.....and the reboots began.

SO BASED ON THIS, I BELIEVE I HAVE A FIX...

So far, I have the my phone up and running, and wifi switched with no problem.

HERE'S WHAT I DID...IN THIS ORDER...

***I would get a replacement phone form VZW first, but fell free and try this on your current phone before replacing.

***Make a list of all your apps...you'll have to manually reinstall them.

1) I factory reset the phone.
2) I booted it back up, and let the phone activate.
3) I DID NOT back up my data from my Google.
4) I DID NOT back up my contacts from VZ Backup Assistant.

5) Phone the phone is fully booted up, I turned on the wifi. The phone should NOT boot loop.

6) Add your home wifi network. Your phone should not boot loop.

**At this point, I walk a half black from my house to make the wifi flip to 3g. It did not boot loop.

7) I installed the 4.0.2 update. Your may already have it.

**At this point, I walk a half black from my house to make the wifi flip to 3g. It did not boot loop.

8) I added my Google account, this only added my contacts. (everytime, and walk away and make sure the wifi flip doesn't force it to boot)
9) I added VZ Backup Assistant, and still good.

SO...right now, the Nexus is running with no problem, and it does not boot loop.

Over the rest of the night , I will being to reinstalling each app one by one and see if the boot loop happens at any point.

But as of right now, it's definitely a software issue related to my backed up account. But what exactly, I don't know.

Hope this works for you if you decide to try it. Remember to make a list of your apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to ymDroid For This Useful Post:
meisterle (December 19th, 2011)