View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2011, 08:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
lennydude

Device(s): N5,N7(2013).NOTE3,S4,S3, HTC ONE X, Galaxy Nexus, Droid X, Nexus 7, Nexus 10
Carrier: AT&T GoPhone w/LTE

Got the Galaxy Nexus first day. Loved the phone but..........

1) Read in a thread that the Razor screen was better than the GN? Went to the VZW store and blue toothed a few pics. Sure enough, with MY eyes, the Razor screen was equal or better (for me at least)
2) The much talked about volume issue. Used "volume+" app and it made it better but each app behaved differently..........music, text tones, ringer tones, etc.
3) And the final straw................reception! I do not have 4G in my area yet. The 3G signal on the GN was very poor to non existant most of the time. I sit at my PC and have no connectivity............GRRRRRRRRRR. The deal breaker is they do not plan an update until March !!!!!!! Now before you go ahead and tell me the update should come out much earlier, please remember that I spent 2 long months hearing crap like this! NOT going to wait for anything that has to come out from VZW...........period.

Phone is all packaged up and going back tomorrow. I have re activated my X and have over 4 times the 3G reception sitting at my PC that i had with the Nexus during its best times.

Oh well..................think i will wait a couple of months and see what comes out. Until then my X rocks with the latest Vortex Rom...............will work well for the foreseeable future.

BTW.........this posted on twitter by a well known dev............

""Lots of nexus questions about signal strength..there are many variables, so new update will probably not fix it""
Last edited by lennydude; December 19th, 2011 at 09:17 PM.