View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2011, 10:56 PM   #38 (permalink)
Leonard1818

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

well, you sound a lot like me and if that's true, you won't regret it.

Sure there are some things that I don't like about the iphone... but they're so minor, they're almost non-issues. The only ones I can think of off of the top of my head:

-- the iPhone does not tag each individual text with a date/timestamp. There are many times that I won't remember when something happened but I'll remember that I txt someone about it right when it happened. I refer back to the txt to see what time. iPhone does not log this info.

-- iPhone does not date/timestamp pics/vids. Similar to above, I like knowing that when I take a pic or vid of my daughter that I will forever know what day that it was taken on. iPhone doesn't do this (out of the box).

-- Bigger is better. This really isn't a negative on apple or the iPhone but trust me when I say this: You want the bigger one. Sounds like you're gonna get a 32 gig. I actually had one of those ordered but reverted to a 16gig. Problem is I intended to replace my 16 gig nano (~12 gig full) with the iphone and underestimated the size of pics/vids it takes. I can make a 16GB work but to be honest, I should have just stuck with the 32. I'm not rich but for $100 more, it wouldn't have been a big deal. Still no problem, I just can't keep "that stupid CD that my coworker gave me to check out" on there all the time lol.

-- Visually, the iPhone doesn't show me pics of my contacts in the text app. I know, I know... dumb... (like I said, non issues) but for me I keep my google contacts full of pics so I can easily identify people on the fly. I'm just waiting for the day that I accidentally txt the wrong person lol.

-- You can't delete photos from the phone. You can delete ones you've taken, but not ones you sync onto the phone.

That's about all I can come up with off of the top of my head. Even though it doesn't have 4g, coming from a fascinate, it'll be a large upgrade. 4g is overrated, underdeveloped, and a battery drain. It's perfect for Android users however. Those who want to be on the "cutting edge" of technology even if it's at the expense of usability. Which, hey, if that's someones thing, I'm not doggin it... Just saying it's not for me. I work in the tech industry. I work for a (very) large software company. The largest in the U.S. I feel like I've "been there, done that" in terms of hardware/software. Don't get me wrong, the urge to tinker is still there. I really want to take my old fascinate and flash 2.3 on there just for kicks... but I can't afford to do that on my go-to phone... nor do I think I should *have* to.

Anyway, I'm rambling at this point. Get the iPhone. You'll love it. Don't listen to the android fanboys... You aren't truly a fan of something unless you've seen the other side... So go with the iPhone... at least you'll be able to say you've tried out both. Not to mention you'll love the music aspect, camera (clutch for kid/santa photos as I've learned), usability, screen, size, etc etc etc etc! See you over at MacRumors!