View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2011, 12:03 PM   #37 (permalink)
KOLIO
AF Contributor

Device(s): HTC ONE M8 | LG G-FLEX | LG G-PAD 8.3 | LG GOOGLE TV G3 | QUALCOMM TOQ | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanked 1,528 Times in 1,144 Posts

I'm pretty sure the PHOTON works,it's just that some of the features only work w/the DROID RAZR.
The features that currently do not work w/the PHOTON,BIONIC,or the ATRIX 2 are the VGA OUTPUT,ETHERNET,& one other feature that I can't recall @ the moment.
Was hoping the OP could verify this, & then we all could start shooting MOTOROLA & SPRINT e-mails requesting a software upgrade to accommodate all the features of the LAPDOCK 500.

BTW,both MOTOROLA & AMAZON are still showing the LAPDOCK 500 as back-ordered or available soon.Those who have received theirs I assume are getting them shipped straight from a China-based wholesaler,w/the exception of the OP who got his via VERIZON.

Edit:The MOTOROLA website states that the only two devices that are compatible w/the LAPDOCK 500 are the DROID RAZR & BIONIC.
However,the BIONIC lacks use of the VGA OUTPUT,ETHERNET,&SD CARD reader.

I'm still holding out hope that the PHOTON will work w/the LAPDOCK 500 w/o any limitations.
Last edited by KOLIO; December 21st, 2011 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Additional information.