View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2011, 01:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
blackdog709
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeserveMusic View Post
They'll start making them if they start getting big. I think this is one of the few MP3 players with Android running on it, so I can see it picking up big time.

My biggest concern with this player is that I don't know if I should root or not. Haha.

I will be ordering a new pair of headphones that do this thing justice. I read that the SGP5.0 has one of the best sound drivers and I feel their stock earbuds aren't worth anything so I'll be looking around for some nice IEM's or over-the-head headphones.

If you wanna do the same, there's a website dedicated to this stuff. It's head-fi.org.

Lemme know how yours is playing out.

Also, any suggested apps?
@Deserve
To me, there's a HUGE faux-pas in Samsung's marketing. They market this as simply an mp3 player. In fact, it's a tablet...a micro-tablet. Or a large-screen smartphone without the phone/contracts/data fees. I wanted this initially to replace an aging Sansa Fuze mp3 player. But this is so much more that I think it's unfair to put it in this category. It's a competitor of the ipodTouch- but WAY better IMO. It SHOULD be big- especially at this price.

Apps: I listed some above that I have found useful. Sketchbook Mobile is very cool. Tape Machine is a great mp3 and wav recorder and editor. There are a lot out there! Troll the various sites and hit up the market.