View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2011, 10:57 PM   #22 (permalink)
Blue1k
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Galaxy S2, OLD: DesireHD, DesireZ, Desire, GalaxyS, X10, Fascinate, N1, Milestone, Dream, Magic, G1
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by creesh View Post
alright i bypassed the back-up and i believe i am rooted now -- i found Superuser yuppiii

Now i have a question regarding the modem ? what is it used for and what can i do with it ?

How to flash the modem using Odin *RESERVED. NO NEW MODEM YET. DO NOT USE T-MOBILE MODEMS!!:

1. Ensure USB debugging is checked in settings>applications>development
2. Put the phone into download mode (see above)
3. Launch Odin. Make sure to check ONLY PHONE not PDA and load the modem.bin file. (see pic)
4. Connect your phone and wait for the yellow com signal. Then flash away

?
Excellent. Sorry about the backup mixup. I wrote my last guide as I rooted myself. This one was an adoption and I guess you found a mistake in my instructions.

The modem controls your phone's voice, data and GPS connection. Are you on T-mobile or Telus? For this phone using the T-mobile modem is not advised for the Telus variant.

If you are on T-mobile I can send you the link for the new modem. Most users have noticed improved GPS locks (more satellites found) and faster data speeds on the newer t-mobile modem. A few noticed a bit worse battery life but that is subjective.