Thread: General Pandigital 7" E-book Reader
View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #22 (permalink)
kpeterha

Device(s): Pandigital Novel 7", Motorola Xoom 10.1"
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Installing PanDigital Update from their website, etc.

Hi. I'm Karen and I am new here. I've only had my WPDN for a couple weeks and it's been fun and frustrating. Right out of the box it said it needed a firmware update from the mfr. I went ahead and did that by connecting the WPDN to my laptop and downloading the software from PanDigital.

After surfing the web and reading about open operating system, I downloaded the PanDigital Novel Android Open Platform Kit. Installed it and everything was working fine, but lost BN.com and market.android. Have to download apps from slide-ME and other sites. I was able to install the Kindle Reader on my WPDN after running an Open Platform hack from Slatedroid.

Now I have purchased a Motorola Xoom Tablet (will received next week) that I think will let me do a lot more. It's supposed to come with OS 3.0 and be upgradeable and be able to get GAPPS and the market.android. Update should also enable SD slot use. I will be posting after I get the new tablet and let you know how it goes. KP

P.S. Recently upgraded my home wireless router to Netgear N600. WPDN has no problem seeing all wireless networks in my area and I have secured my connection with WPA. We have ATT-Uverse fiber optic modem that also broadcasts address, so that is also secured. NOTE: If you have Norton or McAfee or some other security software you might have to temporarily turn it off to connect WPDN to network. KP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg welsh_dragon_tattoo_designs.jpg (42.3 KB, 3 views)