View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2011, 03:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
ian72

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callistus View Post
Unplugging and re-plugging right after a full charge doesn't make it charge more, it merely makes the device verify if the battery can still be charged and that takes some (useless) time.

The battery will only seize its full capacity after you charge and discharge it fully for about 7 times. Keep in mind that keeping Data/GPS/WiFi/etc on all the time will increase the battery drain. Also update Google Maps to the latest version (version 5.0, which comes preinstalled in OB, is known to enter a loop sometimes and eat up all the battery in a matter of hours).
Thanks a lot for your advice! I called LG and was told it's normal for OB to be fully charged in 2-3 hours.

By the way, can I check when the phone goes into sleep mode, will it auto terminate WIFI connection? I am not sure if it's like that or because of the task killer I installed (it controls all data/wifi connection). I was told by LG to change the WIFI policy to ensure WIFI is always on, even in sleep mode. I currently set the phone to sleep in 60 sec, but I think the task killer override to be 30s. I find it quite annoying as 30s is quite short as I could be reading something or in the midst of installing app. Maybe I will change the policy as I seems to have problem getting WIFI connection after back from sleep mode. Any advice is appreciated. Cheers!