View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2011, 08:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
blackepoxy
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Past: hTC Wildfire Int'l Version,hTC Droid Incredible 2 Vzw, hTC OneX,Current:Nexus 4
Carrier: AT&T

Cool Try it out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by valorian View Post
Give it a try and let us know if it works. ;-)

I haven't scanned through all 74 pages yet. But I have not seen any posts from anyone saying it works on the Incredible 2.
I would love to give it a try but, I can't. I don't have my own PC or access to one to try it on.
This would be great if we here could use this tool to easily root 2.3.4 (H boot 0.98) I think it is, with like a one click method or something like that.
Given I would still need a pc to do backups and such. I would love to be able flash custom roms, run sense 3.0, set cpu speed, free wifi hotspot, change icons... etc., et cetera. I needed a pc or a laptop...
Then again, I am always cautious to mess with things I don't fully understand. The benefits seem to out weigh the cons here.
I guess I need to come to terms with my own fear and desire on this one.

Well, I give up, I'll probably never root, so I will stop hoping for it & whining about it here.
Since a device has a locked bootloader there will probably never be a one click super easy root method, because you have to unlock the bootloader then proceed to root. (from what I claim to think I know)
I will speak of it no more.
Last edited by blackepoxy; December 28th, 2011 at 02:36 AM. Reason: ...