Originally Posted by galaxybuyer
I bought a Galaxy Mini GT-S5570 for Xmas but now wish I hadn't as I cannot connect it to my PC. (No USB device detected).
Things I've tried but which don't work.
1. I've installed Kies, uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Troubleshoot connection problems
doesn't. (It merely reinstalls the driver which didn't work in the first place).
2. I've installed the USB driver in program files and program files (x86)
3. I've tried plug 'n play from device manager (running Windows 7 Professional with SP1)
4. I've also tried Ubuntu Linux - no USB recognized.
5. "I put *#7284# in the keypad and fiddled with the USB settings, plugged back into PC and it detected it. all ok now"
Even tried that.
6. "Settings / Applications / Development
Now disable USB DEBUGGING"
I've tried leaving USB debugging on and off.
Can't help but think that the Galaxy Mini is a lot of pony.
I hope someone at Samsung looks at this forum one day. This mobile phone is a disgrace.
Any help and advice welcome. Thanks for your time if you can help.
Originally Posted by HuZo
Hi There... I need your help...
When i connect my Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570 to pc (through usb cable) nothing appears on my phone to select connection mode... (like charging etc...)
Please Help Me!!!....
Guyz I think the problem with you is that you don't have drivers needed for to connect USB mass storage... I suggest you download drivers from below and install them first or simply install Kies (it will install drivers itself).
Download Drivers :
Handy Informations: Tools And Utilities
Also, if you are from India or own a Galaxy Pop (indian version) then I suggest you flash the latest 2.3.6 official update from here :
Handy Informations: How to Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Pop to Official Gingebread 2.3.6?
It might solve your problem after all