View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2011, 06:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Hawker
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): GT-I9505 Firmware: Danvdh GE 4.4.2 Kernel: KT BL: MGA GSM: XXUFNBH LTE: XXUBMH1
Carrier: EE UK (4G)

Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,051 Posts

I have done further digging, and it seems the ultimate kernel cleaner was not mounting the correct devices in order to wipe cache and dalvik cache. I always wondered why the first boot always seems to be just as quick after running the UKC script!

GS2CleanV1.1.zip now gives a true wipe of both cache and dalvik cache partitions along with wiping init.d folder and user.log.
Because of this, do not be alarmed if the first boot takes a long time. (my first boot after this true wipe now takes approx 3 minutes!) This is because a true wipe has taken place, and cache partitions are being rebuilt from new.

I would be interested to hear if this solves the problems old Syd has been having.

I will do further testing, and hopefully get this version up and running on here for you all tomorrow.

My Scripts
My Web Site
Last edited by Hawker; December 29th, 2011 at 06:35 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hawker For This Useful Post:
ironass (December 30th, 2011), Kie (December 29th, 2011), Sydney99 (December 30th, 2011)