View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2011, 04:22 AM   #18 (permalink)
Hawker
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): GT-I9505 Firmware: Danvdh GE 4.4.2 Kernel: KT BL: MGA GSM: XXUFNBH LTE: XXUBMH1
Carrier: EE UK (4G)

Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironass View Post
Any chance that you could name your v1.1 Kernel Cleaner something like...

XXXKernelCleanV1.1.zip

or something along those lines as your present v1.0 kernel is named GS2CleanV1.0.zip and when I'm in Recovery I have to frantically push the Volume button 20+ times to navigate to it....
That would put it down at the bottom of the list. Suppose you want to press up to it instead? I create a kernel folder, and have 2 or 3 of the good ones (siyah, neak, void) and have the scripts in there also, so there is never much key pressing required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney99 View Post
What about a script to remove any voltage control settings??
The script clears this anyway, but voltage control creates on install a file called vcremoveboot-CMW.zip which removes the startup script for you.

V1.1 is up. Download here

What this script does:
1. Removes /system/etc/init.d folder (this is where all the device's startup scripts are stored
2. Removes /data/user.log (shows any boot error messages. Deleting ensures the messages you see will be from your current kernel and not any previous
3. Deletes contents of cache partition
4. Deletes contents of dalvik-cache

This does a true wipe of cache and dalvik cache (unlike before, and unlike UKC) then I would do a full CWM backup first just in case, as although it works for me, I wouldnt want the finger pointed to me for buggering up your device. Once your happy it works fine of course, then just dive in next time!

Remember, V1.1 performs a proper clean, so expect at least a 3 minute first boot as cache and dalvik cache gets regenerated on this boot. UKC doesnt take long to boot first time around, as it couldnt have been wiping those areas properly.

Note, all startup scripts are wiped so any siyah specific settings (battery etc) voltage control settings, ROM-specific starup scripts. etc will get wiped and will need to be redone. Custom ROM users may have startup scripts specific to their ROM. If you want to restore these scripts, then use one below according to your ROM. So far, only 2 have been developed, but I can do more if requested.
Restore CheckROM 4 init.d scripts
Restore DelvROM3 init.d scripts

Happy wiping folks.

My Scripts
My Web Site
Last edited by Hawker; December 30th, 2011 at 03:15 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hawker For This Useful Post:
ironass (December 30th, 2011), Kie (January 23rd, 2012), mcarans (December 30th, 2011), Sydney99 (December 30th, 2011), turbohobbit (December 30th, 2011), Twinn (December 30th, 2011)