View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2011, 07:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
chrstdvd
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Droid 2, Droid Charge
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Computer does not see SD card HELP

Before Gingerbread I had no problems looking at my Droid Charges SD card or transferring to/from. Now I am in a constant loop that gets me nothing. The strange thing is that I can open up ADB and my device is there and I can browse the folders and list files in them.

When I connect via USB, it does not ask Multimedia or Mass storage and when I pull down the notification and touch the Mass storage or USB symbol, the phone dismounts my SD card as if I wanted to take it out.

How I am set up:
Settings > Applications > Development have USB Debugging checked
Settings > USB set to ASK

Full cycle of what happens when I connect to computer:

I get a notification from my firewall that some program TO DO wants access to the internet. I go into Explorer and see a drive J with verizon files in it.
Drive J (450x329).jpg

So I let the program TO DO run and the files in J are executed and drivers are installed. The results.
Reconnect (450x217).jpg

I disconnect the phone and reconnect it and sometimes there is a drive J with the files in there as before, and other times nothing.

I go to phone while still connected:
Pull down the notification bar and see this

snap20111230_074944 (270x450).jpg

I open either one of the USB listings and get this screen

snap20111230_074959 (270x450).jpg

I touch the connect to PC bar and get this

snap20111230_075011 (270x450).jpg

Then I hit OK and get this

snap20111230_075020 (270x450).jpg

And it just spins and spins and spins and nothing happens. When I back out and go into settings > SD card & Storage I see that my card is unmounted and have to remount it.

I am rooted, I used the Kernel imoseyon_kernel_charge_gb_4.0.0 from this site. http://www.toms-world.org/android/

ODEN does see my device while connected.

Not a total disaster I use AllShare or Asrto with the network plug in to transfer files between computer and phone or the other way around, but I really may need access on the computer sometime.

What should I do to see the SD card?
Last edited by chrstdvd; December 30th, 2011 at 07:44 AM. Reason: correct kernel version