View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2011, 02:37 PM   #109 (permalink)
darelian

Device(s): HTC Inspire
Carrier: Not Provided

Was looking for a tablet for my mother to use for email and web surfing. Needed to be bigger than 7 inch so she could see. Wanted to keep price under $200. Found Le Pan while searching and bought from Walmart. Shipped to my door for under $200. Have had it one week and been busy setting it up for her to take home when she leaves after new years. So far no problems. WiFi connected (802.11n) with no problems. E-mail set up was easy and works great. Sounds like you are stuck with Froyo 2.2 so super techies may not be happy but for low to mid range users, it's great. I upgraded to a 16 GB sd card for some additional storage. Tango works for video chat .. Still trying to get Skype to work for video ... Lots of discussion on that subject but I have not been able to get Skype to recognize the camera. Physically it looks and feels nice... Little heavier that iPad but nice solid feel and finish. Performance good on all applications I have tried. Sound not bad .. Not as good audio as Hp Touchpad but I think as good as iPad. Screen nice and touchscreen responsive. Connector is same as iPad for charger/USB connection but in different physical location so iPad accessories don't fit :-(
IMHO for the price, it's a great deal. Not for the super techie who wants the latest and greatest OS, super performance, etc. but for 90 % of what most people want to do on a tablet, it works great and you have all the Android apps available.

Update on Skype .. Latest version of Skype works .. Video on Le Pan flickers for about 5 seeconds as start then settles down. This is not seen by the other caller.
Last edited by darelian; January 3rd, 2012 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Update on Skype
The Following User Says Thank You to darelian For This Useful Post:
jchurch2727 (January 5th, 2012)