View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2011, 09:23 PM   #772 (permalink)
scotty85
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 6,777 Times in 4,263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuDohNihm View Post
OK.

I downloaded and manually moved the CM7 update to my sd card. ROM manager wouldn't work. please... dont use rom manager

The file is update-cm-7.1.0-Inc-signed.zip I believe. If I go into CMW>apply update from sdcard this should open and install CM7, yes? again...please... dont use rom manager

*EDIT* I need to rename it to update only, yes? no

*EDIT2* I did that. As I type the arrow is going round and round the CM7 logo.

*EDIT3* Aaannnddd I believe I am in a bootloop.

*EDIT4* Pulled the battery and tried rebooting and reapplying the update several times. Am currently wiping the cache and retrying again. If this doesn't work how do I get my stock phone back? restore a backup,or properly wipe and flash cm7 in clockwork recovery. dont forget youll need gapps as well.

*EDIT5* Didn't work. Went to the back-up. Hopefully my phone comes back.

*EDIT6* Well, at least my phone is back to normal.
at this point,you need to slow down a lil,and venture out into the forum. there is a TON of good info on how to wipe and flash roms,and make and restore backups. please dont be offended,but flashing roms tutorial is a lil beyond the scope of this thread.

read,read,read. start a new thread in ATR if youre still confused or dont quite find the answers youre looking for. there are alot of knowledgeable folks that can help you,but they are not seeing your questions here in this thread.
donate to my device fund
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
iowabowtech (February 10th, 2012)