View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2011, 10:09 PM   #325 (permalink)
new optimus

Device(s): LG Nexus 4, HTC EVO 4G Sold, LG Esteem Wifes, Samsung Galaxy Prevail, Samsung Nexus S 4G, LG Optimus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFII View Post
Hi I'm JEFII, a noob on AndroidForums but I do have enough knowledge of android to not be a noob in the android world. I have a problem though, I'm trying to downgrade my lg opt m 2.2.2 because I can't be rooted so far as we all know but I can't get past the step where you register the MS690.dll file onto the reggie.exe file. Every time I attempt this I recieve a pop-up window displaying "HRESULT==0x80020009 Exception occurred." May anybody help me out? I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkkiFenixx13 View Post
Hey joneidy,
Thanks for the post. I've been trying to root my Metro PCS LG-MS690 M 2.2.2 phone for months and have not succeeded yet. I followed all the steps you have given us, but when I click START the LGNPST program asks me for my phone's "SPC". I don't know what that is and was hoping you or someone in the thread could help me out. It would be a nice way to start 2012 haha
Take care everyone,

IkkiFenixx13
I would not use the method in this thread, that was the old way and that rom is not working out of the box. use this instead
For Downgrading, or putting Stock rom on

Now on to specifics. for the problem reg the dll you need to turn off user account control
it will stop the dll reg.
go to start menu control panel user accounts UAC slide the slider to the bottom restart the computer.
For the spc there are a couple methods the easiest is to go to
android - whiterabbit.org
put in your phone esn and it will give you the metromsl/spc
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to new optimus For This Useful Post:
benalmighty (December 31st, 2011), JEFII (January 1st, 2012)