Thread: Support Unlock from T-Mobile (root)
View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2012, 06:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
yam2
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Unhappy Unlock from T-Mobile (root)

Hello.

Couple of days ago I got brand new Samsung Galaxy s2 GT-I9100. It was on T-Mobile network but the seller said it can be unlocked to any network. I bought the phone from him and the same day I took it to a nearby phone shop for the unlock. After the process I saw a new application on my phone - Superuser. I know the phone has been rooted which apparently voids the warranty.

The phone acts funky now - when I turn it off the display alternates between the large battery icon in the centre of the screen with 5 white dots below it and an empty battery icon with a yellow warning sign and a thermometer icon overlaid. By the looks of it the battery seems to be overheated but it is at room temperature. The phone can only be turned on if connected to a PC or a power source. I am going to try another battery tomorrow, hopefully it is only that...

IF I will reset the phone to factory settings OR delete Superuser - will the unlock still be there? Or will the phone reject the simcard? I am not sure what to do, if battery replacement won't work then I will not have any other choice but to unroot the phone and send it to Samsung. But does it mean that I will have to do the whole unlocking process again or will it be unlocked?

Can someone help me please?