Originally Posted by goya
I am beginning to wonder if this is why 2.3 might not work for us. Here are some of the performance issues I have found. My Inspire is non-rooted with the side load update and minimal shortcuts and widgets running on 3 homescreens.
1. Reboots and boots are slightly slower, even when taking the battery out. The at&t logo hangs longer than normal.
2. 'Messages' app has to catch up. I will sometimes open Messages and for a split second it shows the numbers and not names but then it corrects.
3. Last night Messages actually crashed.
4. Using Advanced Task Killer, even after shutting down unwanted apps, still only shows 400MB available memory.
1. That happens to a lot of people. It just means it is thinking. It is basically a small computer!
2. I wouldn't know, I only use Google Voice.
3. Same as #2.
4. There is only 520 MB to start with of RAM. 400 available is great. Consider that the phone needs RAM to operate the OS and other important features. The minimum of RAM that the phone uses is about 100-150 or so. I try to keep my phone under 200 MB when it is just sitting around. With Auto-sync and everything updating when charging, it goes up to almost 300 MB.