View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2012, 12:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
happy4ya

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGirl View Post
I recently switched to a 16gb sd card and all of a sudden, my HTC Evo 3D was doing the same thing (it would play 'Friday, I'm in Love' by The Cure) and I think I figured out the problem.

I noticed that any time I received an email on my gmail acct, the song would play, so I checked my gmail sound notifications and sure enough, it somehow had set 'Friday, I'm in Love' as it's notification sound. I changed the sound to something else and voila, the problem was fixed.
The same thing happened to my wife's MyTouch 4G Slide and as soon as I saw your post I realized I just changed her card to a 16gb card 2 days ago. I started going through the notification settings for all the different apps and noticed in K-9 Mail, her mail notification was not set to anything so I'm not sure how a Pearl Jam song from her music library that was never a ringtone to begin with turned into one but it must be some glitch in the Android OS.

I'm guessing when you have the ringtone set to something on the card and you remove it, it must mess with things in the phone. I haven't messed with it yet but I would like to do this with the phone off to see if it makes a difference. I'm sure it is recommended somewhere to turn the phone off before popping the card out but I have never done that before and never had a problem. Was your phone on or off when you swapped cards?