View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2012, 03:14 PM   #781 (permalink)
soystat

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I need to get s-off, but those instructions from public:forever, are not clear at all.

First it tells me to download unrevoked, and put it on my computer, and out of the blue, it mentions that I have to copy update.zip to my sdcard. Where does this file come from? Why do we do nothing about that unrevoked zip file???

Quote:
Download the most recent ''unrevoked-forever.zip'' to a temporary location on your computer.
The update can be installed like any custom .zip file. Simply flash it from your custom recovery. Both Amon_RA and Clockworkmod Recoveries support custom .zip installs from the sdcard.
Either select the option to install a .zip from your SD card, or apply it as an update.zip as follows:
Place the update.zip file into the root of your SD card. You can do this with adb with the command: adb push unrevoked-forever.zip /sdcard/update.zip
Reboot your phone into recovery mode. You can do this by removing your phone's battery, holding down the VOLUME DOWN button, and inserting the battery; at the menu, press VOLUME DOWN to highlight recovery, then press POWER to select it.

Select apply sdcard:update.zip from the menu.
Press VOLUME DOWN until Yes is highlighted, then select it.
Review the output to determine if there were any errors.
If messages beginning in E: appear, stop! If possible, join IRC for support.
Restart the phone normally, then reboot the phone into the bootloader. This can be done by holding VOLUME DOWN while powering the system up. Observe at the top that S-OFF appears.

UPDATE:
Anyway, i worked my way to the solution--despite the poor instructions given. I just renamed the unrevoked zip file to "update.zip" and went through the steps to have clockworkmod recovery apply the update from sdcard.
Last edited by soystat; January 2nd, 2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: solved the problem