View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2012, 05:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ruth5662
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Ace
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmatteo View Post
SOLUTION!
I think I have found it. I've looked in the folder of the original android ringtones. The ringtones there are about 8-10 seconds, they are ogg files and they are around 60-80 kbytes in size.

I have converted my custom ringtones to 64 kbits/sec and .ogg format. The biggest is 1,7 mbytes in size, so not very small but it is a 4 minute long song. I believe the key is the bitrate and not the size. My guess is that some apps run in the background and when they start they use the processor which makes it hard to use the high-bitrate ringtones.

I've done this a day ago and there have been no problems yet. All ringtones work perfectly. I think this bitrate is pretty good for a ringtone since I don't use hi-fi speakers on my phone. :-)

Hope this will work in the future. Try it!
I tried this also. Seemed fine for a couple of days, now back to incorrect ringtones again! Will there ever be a solution to this?

At this rate I will be due an upgrade before Google or Samsung get around to fixing this - and believe me, when I do, it won't be a Samsung or an Android!!!

SO frustrated!!!