View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2012, 06:49 PM   #41 (permalink)
chrisexv6

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidOrange View Post
i am very unimpressed with the Flex. still has the rainbow banding that people are describing on much cheaper protectors (skinomi, klearkare, etc.) at 5x the price. the first one i put on was horrible, let it cure for 72 hours, but the rainbow banding was just unbearable. my second one is not as bad as the first, but still enough to annoy me. i really wish there was a viable option for screen protectors on this phone, but so far, there doesn't seem to be. i ran my thunderbolt screen naked and it ended up scratched to hell from being carried in my pocket. i wanted to be more careful with the GNex, but it looks like a naked screen is the only way to enjoy screen clarity at the moment.
Good to know, unfortunately

Ashame there doesnt seem to be a really good protector out there. Doesnt look like they are making an Ultra Crystal for it either, it seems the outer edges of the glass are a little "bevelled" so the dry contact glue wont stick to them.....I noticed at least one person with the same issue using the Boxwave protector........it just didnt adhere to the outer edges. Granted, the right case may cover right over it, but still.

I might give the Boxwave a try....its a dry install, and it seems to be cut to cover the WHOLE screen. According to their site the areas around the edges should eventually conform and stick like the rest of the protector, so maybe thats the best bet right now for this phone.

I really really didnt want to leave it naked, I just know Ill pull some dumb dumb move and end up scratching it.
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisexv6 For This Useful Post:
SolidOrange (January 2nd, 2012)