View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2012, 11:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mr. Lucky
AF Contributor
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Galaxy S4 (rooted), Galaxy Tab 10.1 (rooted), Nexus 7 (stock)
Carrier: Not Provided

UPDATE: Making good progress with PhoneLeash, but just to leave no stone unturned, I tried two additional apps today (which both turned out to be colossal FAILS).

1. Total SMS Control - Looked promising, but uninstalled because it uses AirPush. This app is tricky to uninstall because it appears in the Settings > Applications > Manage applications list as "Android System Storage" There is also a paid version of this app, but at $29.99, plus considering that the dev would stoop so low as to use AirPush on the "free" version... NO THANKS.

2. SMS Block and Forward - This is a paid app (nominal) but it seemed so simple to setup, I though I'd give it a try. The instructions for entering the forward number are straightforward... prefix with country code. I'm in the U.S., so I tried 1 and +1 followed by the 10 digit number. It returned an error on both. It also failed with just the 10 digit number. REFUND and UNINSTALL!