View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2012, 01:11 AM   #57 (permalink)
Blue1k
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Galaxy S2, OLD: DesireHD, DesireZ, Desire, GalaxyS, X10, Fascinate, N1, Milestone, Dream, Magic, G1
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by creesh View Post
He was Chinese..no offence but it was hard to understand him what he meant but what i understood was that it does not work so the telus phone will work on mobilicity ?

For the unlock code i will wait until tomorrow and if i dont get anything from cellunlockednow.com than i will try mobileincanada.com

How long does it take to get a code from mobileincanada ?
Yes it works. The guy must not know that the Telus variant is exactly the same as the T-Mobile version. T-mobile and Mobilicity both use AWS bands The telus S2 and tmobile s2 works on Wind and Mobilicity.

The only issue is selecting the network. Seems to be an issue with mobilicity. To help with this you can manually select which network you want by:

dial *#*#2263#*#*, select "WCDMA Band Preference", and then select "WCDMA 1700" so that the phone looks by default in the 1700 band (AWS)

Mobileincanada can take anywhere from 4hours to 24 hours. They have a current wait time on their site.

Cheers!
Last edited by Blue1k; January 5th, 2012 at 01:15 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue1k For This Useful Post:
creesh (January 5th, 2012)