View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #45 (permalink)
Necrotoxin
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganguy View Post
Has anyone used ROM toolbox to get cyanogenmod 7? I want to get thie rom but dont want to screw my phone up. I am rooted stock right now on the pevail with 2.3.5. Thanks for the help.

No. don't use any apps that don't support the phone to flash roms. As of now the only way to get cm7 for this phone is from hroark's thread. The only problem is, unless it changed because I've been away for a while, is that you can't flash cm over the gingerbread kernel.

If that's still the case you can use odin to flash back to froyo with clockwork mod (there is a lot of info on how to do this in the forum) and then download and flash cm.

I personally don't use cm so the best build I had, and was quite content with, was shabby mod 0.9 loaded with shabby's kernel and dta2sd and 3g supercharger.

The majority of the mods we have available have little trip no chance of brick and even then most of them can easily be recovered using odin. Read into odin, always have your backup already downloaded and ready to go, follow instructions on the mods to a t and you should be fine.

I was anxious my first time too but maybe start by trying out shabby mod, it's simple, quick and once you're done you'll feel a whole lot better about trying other mods.